Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
QuentinR
New Contributor

Bridge the LAN ports on FortiGate with FortiSwitch ports

I have a FortiGate and a FortiSwitch connected and configured and working as intended. Currently there's only one LAN and all the devices are plugged into the FortiSwitch. The FortiSwitch is connected to the FortiGate with a dedicated LAN port. As of right now the other ports on the FortiGate are on their own network/subnet and the FortiSwitch's ports are on their own network/subnet.

How do I bridge or make it so that any devices plugged into the hardware switch (LAN Ports) on the FortiGate are on the same network/subnet as the FortiSwitch? Essentially I want to be able to use the other LAN ports on the FortiGate and be on the same network as devices plugged into the FortiSwitch.

4 REPLIES 4
jfiszer110
New Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I'm facing the same issue. Can you provide a little insight? Screenshots? or link to a guide?

M_M_SW
Contributor

You Can't !

the VLAN on Fortiswitch use Fortilink must different with the Vlan on Fortigate

SJFriedl
New Contributor II

This is super disappointing; I had high hopes for single point of administration of these devices, and though I can see use cases - remote edge switches that need to do firewalling policy at the edge w/o backhaul to the FortiGate - it looks mostly pointless when the switch and the firewall are right next to each other.

Dang.

40james_FTNT

This is easy if you simply run two cables from the FG to the Switch (1 for management and 1 for data).

James (Jim) Hilving
Consulting Systems Engineer - CSE Team
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors