Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
415Sqn
New Contributor

Bricked 80C

When I came into work this morning I noticed that our 80C was no longer passing data through. The Power light, Status Light, WAN1, DMZ, and all the internal lights were on. I am unable to reset it, I cannot use the serial connection to get in. Every time I disconnect the power all those lights come back on immediately. I think it might be bricked but I thought I would ask here first.

3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

if you want to see what really happens you will have to use the serial connection. Being connected via serial you can watch the FMG booting and see what it still does or doesn't do.

Also you could access the boot manager through it to reflash firmware if that is broken.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
415Sqn
New Contributor

The serial connection does nothing, that one of the reasons I think it is bricked. it does not look like it is booting at all. just automatic fail as soon as power is applied.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

are you sure you use the correct settings for serial? 9600 8-N-1 and no flow controls works fine with all our FGT here.

If you still don't get to see anything on serial I'd also consider it bricked since it doesn't even get to the bootloader then...

Even with defective flash the bootloader would still work and you see something on serial so something else seems to be broken.

You could still try to use a different psu as the 80C have a standard DC jack on them. If thats not it i'd say its officially bricked :(

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors