Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Boban_William
New Contributor

Blocking a section of a website

Hello !

I want to block some sections of a website.More exactly .... i want the users can not access any other section or service of the website gmail.com. I want only to verify and sent e-mails ....and only that...(mail.google.com). I know that i can specify in my fortigate machine to block an entire website with all sections. But it is possibile to allow some sections (in my case e-mail) and other to block ?

All suggestions will be appreciated....

3 REPLIES 3
pcraponi
Contributor II

wow... hard thing to do...

I never did it before.. But in Gmail case, if you enable SSL Deep Inspection on Fortigate, maybe you can control the URLs on a URL List....

Allow:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox

and

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox?compose=new

and block everything else. You will need to look at your log on a FortiAnalyzer/Syslog to detect others URL that gmail use... For javascript, css, etc....

Like I said, I never did it... but... You can try :)

Regards,

Paulo R.,

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
NotMine

Try with the Application Control instead. Usually, it is much more granular than the Web Filtering. Now, I dont know if it has the signatures that you need right now, but I think it's worth a shot. Just search for 'gmail' and 'google' in the app signatures, you'll see what is offered. Maybe you'll have to test and tweak it a few times to see what works and what not.

Cheers,

Slavko

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
Boban_William

I search in the Application Control but i did not found the signature that i need. For example, when i search "gmail" a window appear and i saw gmail, gmail attachment, gmail attachament download, gmail attachament upload, gmail chat, gmail send message. ( When i want to create new one, for gmail, a window appear again and it's show me a model(see bellow)....but i do not know means some of this values. Can everyone tell me how to do it ?

Cheers !

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors