Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Andonov
New Contributor

Blocked incoming emails when install forticlient

Hi, I have a strange issue with one of our forticlient on windows 8.1. When i install the forticlient all incoming email is blocked. I am able to send but not to receive. Here you have some information' s about my implementation. FortiGate: FWF60C Firmware: v5.0,build0252 (GA Patch 5) Any suggestions?
25 REPLIES 25
Ertan
New Contributor

I do not manage a FortiGate device myself. That being said, I believe some log details would be good. In the mean time, would you inform us about results of below trials? 1- Disable anti-virus engine leave parental controls on and see if you get e-mails. 2- Enable anti-virus engine disable parental controls and see if you get e-mails. 3- Disable both anti-virus engine and parental controls and see if you get e-mails.
Andonov
New Contributor

Hi Ertan, Thanks for you fast feedback. The parental control is not active. I' ll try to disable the antivirus engine and see if my problem is still actuality. I' ll let you know!
Chris_Lin_FTNT

What version is your FortiClient? Does it happen on one Windows 8.1 (64 bit, right?), or all Windows 8.1? What email client do you use?
Ertan
New Contributor

I don' t think that is a main reason, though, did you try disabling antivirus protection? And result? Another thing comes to my mind is do you have any other software installed for firewall porposes on these machines? I cannot be sure, but you are only person having such an issue, so I keep on telling myself that problem should not be FortiClient, but something else.
Andonov
New Contributor

Hi Chris.Lin, What version is your FortiClient? I have try whit last two version of FortiClient (I don' t have the version number of my old forticlient but my actual version is 5.0.7.333). Does it happen on one Windows 8.1 (64 bit, right?), or all Windows 8.1? Technically it' s happen on all windows 8.1. I have only one laptop and one tablet with Windows 8.1 and it' s assigned to the same person. What email client do you use? I have Outlook 2013 installed on that equipments. Thank you for your help!
Andonov
New Contributor

Hi Ertan, I' m trying right now you suggestion(I don' t have permanent access to the equipments). I will post the result in few minutes. I don' t have any other antivirus or firewall software installed on this machines. I am pretty sure too that this issue is not related to fortinet, but when i unistall the forticlient everything works fine. I have something else to share with you. When I have installed the forticlient I have made a tests and everything works fine. The test was made with wireless usb key(Yeah, another detail, I use the forticlient essentially for remote access to the internal network). Few hours later the client told me that emails stop to come-in on his inbox folder. That' s all for now, will keep you informed about my tests. Thanks!
Ertan
New Contributor

Do you have FortiClient VPN setup and used on this machine?
Andonov
New Contributor

Hi Ertan, I have disable the av engine and my issue is still there
Chris_Lin_FTNT

What type is your mail server? Is it an Exchange server? Are you using pop3 or IMAP?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors