Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
waleedMagdy
New Contributor

Block emails from G-mail

Hi guys

Please i need to block any mails from gmail or any specific domain such as example.com

I use OUTLOOK and these mail servers is outside my comapny

And also please tell me the policy direction i think in this this case from lan to wan and i will apply the email filter profile is this true??

3 REPLIES 3
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

waleedMagdy wrote:

I use OUTLOOK and these mail servers is outside my comapny

YOUR email provider is external? In that case there isn't much the FortiGate can do since the traffic doesn't go past the device.

HF
New Contributor II

hi,

in fact you got an FG and have UTM or only the anti-spam Funktion you can block or discard mails from any Domain.

you just have to define the local spam filtering and enable the black/White list - the rest is easy going.

maby your dealer can give you an trial license.

regards

waleedMagdy
New Contributor

Thanks all for your reply

I do it

First i connect my outlook to my external mail server.

Second i creat an email filter profile that detected the spam from (i creat black and white list) and i entered the IP (1.1.1.1) for example of the server that i need to mark it as spam although this server is white mail server.

Third i applied this this filter on the secuirty policy from lan to wan.

Fourth when 1.1.1.1 is sending an email the external mail server received it but when outlook which located in the internal network is making a send and receive all mails from 1.1.1.1 is markin as spam in the subject of the mail

NOW i have another problem which is when I select (REJECT) the outlook stilled receive the mail from 1.1.1.1 and marked it as spam which means (mark as Spam=reject) how????????????????????????

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors