Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Brainwalk
New Contributor II

Block all video/audio Streams

Is it possible to block all video/audio streams?

Application Control -> Categories -> Video/Audio -> "Block" doesn't block all.

I can still watch some videos on different Websites.

FortiGate 100D v5.4.5,build1138

5 REPLIES 5
Sunil_Panchal_NSE7
New Contributor III

Dear friend ,

Application control only block application not the web site.

to block web site go for web filter and if the web site is https then you have to enable deep inspection with certificates.

Brainwalk

Hi,

in don't want to block websites, only the videostreams in the websites.

I know the differenz between web filtering and application control.

My problem is, that not all streams are blocked.

hmtay_FTNT

Hello Brainwalk,

Yes, it's do-able. Can you add these 2 custom application control signatures?

F-SBID( --name "HTTP.Video.High_Custom"; --protocol tcp; --app_cat 5; --service HTTP; --flow from_server; --pattern "Content-Type: video"; --context header; --no_case; --weight 100; ) 

F-SBID( --name "HTTP.Audio.High_Custom"; --protocol tcp; --app_cat 5; --service HTTP; --flow from_server; --pattern "Content-Type: audio"; --context header; --no_case; --weight 100; ) 

If you want to block the audio and video stream in HTTP sessions, you need to enable deep-inspection.

HoMing

KingHolly

Similar to the above, I was interested in the applications of blocking all images. I attempted the following, but it did not work. Any idea why?

F-SBID( --name "HTTP.Image.High_Custom"; --protocol tcp; --app_cat 5; --service HTTP; --flow from_server; --pattern "Content-Type: image"; --context header; --no_case; --weight 100; ) 

flor
New Contributor

I also want to block the Snack app...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors