Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MarioZ
New Contributor II

Backup command works in CLI, but not when started as automation stitch

Hello

i try to setup automatic backup over automation.
I use the cli command:

execute backup full-config ftp /Netdevice-BCK/BU-FWZ/BU-FWZ-test.cfg server user password

Executed in cli, it works fine.

When i try to start the command as automation stitch, the backup is not uploaded to the ftp server.
What am i missing?

Regards

Mario

-> Debug output when testing automation stitch:

0: config global
0: config system auto-script
0: edit "autod.858"
0: set script "execute backup full-config ftp /Netdevice-BCK/BU-FWZ/BU-FWZ-test.cfg server user password"
0: end
0: end
-1: execute backup full-config ftp /Netdevice-BCK/BU-FWZ/BU-FWZ-test.cfg server user password

MaZi
MaZi
1 Solution
bpozdena_FTNT

Example on how to use automation stitches for scheduled backups can be found at https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-send-automated-backups-of-the-confi... .

Also don't forget to switch to global context if you have VDOMs enabled. 

set script "
config global
execute backup full-config ftp /Netdevice-BCK/BU-FWZ/BU-FWZ-test.cfg server user password"
HTH,
Boris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Ah - I think you have VDOMs enabled?
In that case, your automation stitch script needs to look like this:

config global

execute backup full-config ftp /Netdevice-BCK/BU-FWZ/BU-FWZ-test.cfg server user password
-> or 'config vdom/edit <vdom>/exe backup [...]'

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
bpozdena_FTNT

Example on how to use automation stitches for scheduled backups can be found at https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-send-automated-backups-of-the-confi... .

Also don't forget to switch to global context if you have VDOMs enabled. 

set script "
config global
execute backup full-config ftp /Netdevice-BCK/BU-FWZ/BU-FWZ-test.cfg server user password"
HTH,
Boris
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors