Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JoeShmo
New Contributor

Apply config settings after install

Is there a way to apply a config to a client post install, to update the settings ?

ver 6.2.8

3 REPLIES 3
nicerobot_FTNT

After the endpoint is added to the EMS server, it will show up in one of the workgroups. Endpoints/Workgroups/[Group Name] or under All Endpoints. You will assign an Endpoint Policy and Endpoint Profile to the device, and can manage profiles (Malware, Sandbox, Web Filter, etc.). The device will receive updates once it is assigned to an Endpoint Profile.

To what kind of config are you referring?

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

JoeShmo

Here's the problem. We have to deploy the client via intune not EMS, as everyone is working from home these days and not always connected o VPN. having quite a few issues with this. I was thinking if we just deployed the MSI and then applied a config file afterwards, that might work. Is that possible.

nicerobot_FTNT

AFAIK the FortiClient needs to be able to communicate with the EMS to receive updates. You should be able to add the EMS address in the MSI for the rollout. Take a look at this thread, it might help you with the MSI configuration https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=162264. I haven't tried it myself, but I do run EMS in cloud and on prem (two different deployments) and can update profiles without pain.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors