Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Anybody using the fortiscan?

I was talking to one of the product managers over this appliance awhile back and was curious as to if anybody have any feedback over it? and how does it compare to nessus,eEye,qualsys and others?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
10 REPLIES 10
laf
New Contributor II

I am curious TOO; at least after I saw the PRICE!

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Was the price too high ? I used to worked for a cisco partner who was also a fortinet partner but they seem very not interested in anything dealing with the fortinet. I ran thru some basic talks and reviews of the fortiscan appliance, but did not very one person using it or any heard of it as far as that goes.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
cmberry
New Contributor

My reseller suggested this to me as a substitute for something like Secunia CSI, which is too much $$$ for my little company. But it seems that no one here is using it??? How can that be? And then I saw the price and almost died. I guess that is why... This is not for SMB I am thinking.
mbrowndcm
New Contributor III

This is a very old thread. However, it' s worth noting that OpenVAS is a good open source solution. Additionally, there are several vendors that perform thorough scans of servers, hosts and services: http://oval.mitre.org/adoption/productlist.html
" …you would also be running into the trap of looking for the answer to a question rather than a solution to a problem." - [link=http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2013/02/13/10393162.aspx]Raymond Chen[/link]
" …you would also be running into the trap of looking for the answer to a question rather than a solution to a problem." - [link=http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2013/02/13/10393162.aspx]Raymond Chen[/link]
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks for the FYI. I' ll look into this.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
fropert_FTNT
Staff
Staff

just for fun to awake the dead thread. I got fortiscan tickets when I came back from xmas holidays
osborng

I attempted to use it, but it doesn' t work with FortiCloud. According to support, it won' t be fixed until a future release. The bug ID is 200901.
RetchedOne
New Contributor

Been using it over a year now. Once you set it up correctly, and spend some time in it, it' s a very powerful tool. It does take some tweaking though.
FWF 60c - 40 of the suckers - 5.0 build 128 300c - 4 units (2 HA pairs) - 5.0 build 128 FortiManager FortiClients
FWF 60c - 40 of the suckers - 5.0 build 128 300c - 4 units (2 HA pairs) - 5.0 build 128 FortiManager FortiClients
Mark_Oakton
Contributor

Hi, is anyone using the scanner for internal and external vulnerability scans, is there a way to correlate nat IP addresses and only have them show once or be correlated together?
Infosec Partners
Infosec Partners
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors