Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
obrienw
New Contributor

Alternate DHCP settings for some MAC addresses?

Is it possible to specify different DHCP settings depending on the MAC of the device connecting? FWF-40C, 5.0.7 I have this unit at my home with a site-to-site IPsec VPN connection to where I work. My goal is to have only certain corporate devices able to access the corporate network. I set up routing and device-based policies and everything works except one issue: the DNS and domain assignments from DHCP. My corporate devices need to be given the corporate domain name and internal DNS servers, while all the others should just get the typical ISP settings. Is there a way of doing this?
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Theoretically you could build port-based VLANs on a small switch to which you connect your devices and probably an access point. You can create one DHCP server per VLAN on the FGT. Then again, you might not use a switch at all at home, or if you do the switch doesn' t support VLANs (Netgear ProSafe do). In this case I' d assign static addresses to the corp devices or to the home devices whichever is easier. For mobile devices, there are app to switch the IP settings.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
obrienw

Thanks for the response.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors