Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ac1
Contributor II

After authentication a fortigate page appears

Hello everyone,
When a guest user authenticates via the captive portal, a FortiGate page appears on the browser with the address ---> http://192.168.x.x:1000/fgtauth
By pressing the "Send anyway" button you can navigate correctly.

How is it possible to remove this page?

Browser: Chrome
Captive Portal: FortiAuthenticator v6.1.2, build0420 (GA)

Thanks
Andrea

1 Solution
ac1

There were 3 different problems. I had to:

• set the Authentication Settings with wildcard public certificate and redirects
  • create an A record on the DNS Server with the IP of the FortiGate guest interface
  • create on FortiAuthenticator an AP with fqdn of the fortigate, not the ip or others
  • correct the radius authentication, removing the membership group from the FortiGate.

Now everything is working correctly.
guest user registration -> sending mail to the sponsor -> guest user authorization by the sponsor -> credentials arrive to the guest user -> guest user login -> navigation without error pages.

I have become an expert on this subject. if you need write me and I will be happy to help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ac1
Contributor II

Because the authentication fails, but it depend on the configuration of your radius server and its policies. In my situation I have a FortiAuthenticator with a specific policy that do not require anything in the membership group.

ac1
Contributor II

Hello Fabio,

I don't have experience with Apple devices but I suggest you to read the article below that explai how devices work with captive portal:

How-Automatic-Detection-of-Captive-Portal-works 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors