Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MontanaMike
Contributor

Add Ports to Switch Interface - 200B

I've got a FGT200B that has 16 Ethernet ports on it.  The first 8 are in a "switch" and the last 8 are all separate interfaces.  Is there anyway to add those interface ports (say port9-12) to the "switch"?  Any help would be much appreciated.

-Mike

-Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

The first 8 ports should be configured in a hardware-switch under sys vertual-switch config. You just need to add whatever you want to add for the rest of the ports as member ports in the same way the first 8 ports are configured. It should be quite intuitive once you see the existing config in ClI. You need to remove all reference and IP address, etc., if those additional ports were used for other purpose before.

MontanaMike

Thanks but there is no "virtual-switch" anywhere in the config and the command fails when I attempt to use it.  I should note that this has been factory reset and is running 5.2.9 of FortiOS

config system interface edit "port11" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 1 next

edit "port12" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 2 next

edit "port13" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 3 next

edit "port14" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 4 next

edit "port15" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 5 next

edit "port16" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 6 next

edit "modem" set vdom "root" set mode pppoe set type physical set snmp-index 7 next

edit "ssl.root" set vdom "root" set type tunnel set alias "SSL VPN interface" set snmp-index 10 next

edit "switch" set vdom "root" set ip 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 set allowaccess ping https http fgfm set type physical set snmp-index 11

next

edit "port9" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 12 next

edit "port10" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 13 next end

-Mike

-Mike
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry. I was thinking about 200D not 200B. You might not be able to do that. Please wait for somebody else who knows about 200B's capability.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors