Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bobm
New Contributor III

90D Memory

I think we' re finally going to upgrade our 60C with 512MB fixed RAM since I can barely use any features in 5.0 FW without memory use spiking. I have to reboot about every two weeks to get memory back under 70%. But before we spend money on a new box, I want to make sure we aren' t going to be in the same position again in six months. We currently have about 35-40 users with possibility of about 50. 2 WAN links load balancing and failover. Running a small handful of Web Filter policies. Can someone tell me the amount of memory in the 90D? Is it replaceable/upgradable? Have looked in data sheets, quick start guides, etc with no luck. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Jupiter_FTNT
Staff
Staff

I' m experiencing high RAM usage and it seems that there is a lot of it (more than 1 GB) used by cached that seems not to be cleaned up.
I don' t think there is any CLI command to force release cache, but cache automate release once kernel need more memory for something else.
Adrian_Buckley_FTNT

The best command for looking into high memory is " diag sys top-summary" It' s new for 5.0 but unlike ' diag sys top' it looks at shared memory, child process and open files.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors