Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
samlavender
New Contributor

802.1x auth problem between HP Aruba 2530 and FortiAuthenticator

Hello everybody.  I have encountered with problem that concerns auth problem between HP Aruba 2530-48G switch and FAC.  The scheme is:  We have Active Directory integrated in FAC, one of the AD threads has been imported to the FAC. Switch has been configured with commands:

Switch HP Aruba 2530-48G RADIUS configuration:

radius-server host 10.1.245.66 key <radius key> aaa authentication port-access eap-radius

aaa port-access authenticator 10

aaa port-access authenticator 10 client-limit 1

aaa port-access authenticator active

From the FAC side the next things have been configured: 

1) Added Client (Switch IP address) + shared secret for radius connect. 

2) Created User Group as Remote LDAP type and there was assigned some RADIUS attributes under it like Tunnel-type - VLAN, Tunnel-Medium-Type - IEEE-802 and Tunnel-Private-Group-ID - <vlan number's here>

3) Created Policy (RADIUS Clients -> Added prior created client (switch ip), RADIUS Attribure criteria -> tumbler is off, Authentication type -> Password/OTP, Accept EAP, Accept PEAP tubler's turned on, IDENTITY Source -> AD realm's used, authentication factors -> Every configured password/OTP).  After that, I've configured Windows 10 PC network Ethernet to use 802.1x authentication and when I provide Active Directory user's credentials - the authentication is failed and FAC logs show me info from screenshot. Any idea? 

1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Check https://Your-FAC-IP-or-FQDN/debug/radius/  for RADIUS debug details. Even without "debug mode" that simpler log should show a plenty of output.

Remote Auth.Servers / LDAP used to contact AD is normal LDAP, or does it have "Windows Active Directory Domain Authentication" set ?

If it's set, is it then in RADIUS Service / Policy / Identity source / "Use Windows AD Domain Authentication" turned on for that LDAP based realm ?

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors