Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

6.4.5/40F NP6XLITE errors

Did anyone else get below NPU errors with a combination of v6.4.5 and FG40F? I just uploaded the image and started configuring SDWAN when I saw these errors on the console port. I opened a ticket at TAC but might take a while before getting a response. So wondering if anyone else got the same thing.

NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 520 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 137 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 514 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 137 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 520 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 138 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 513 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 514 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 515 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 136 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 520 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 140 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 140 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 514 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 516 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 515 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 140 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 137 NP6XLITE: failed to read lif accounting: 521

--<snip>--

6 REPLIES 6
James_G
Contributor III

Keep us updated on the result, I'm in ho hurry to jump from 6.4.4 as I have no issues that are fixed in 6.4.5.

andrewbailey

Hi Toshi,

I'm running 6.4.5 on a 40F too. I'm not using SD-WAN however- just a single PPPoE connection to the ISP.

I can't see any evidence of similar errors in the GUI Event logs. Can you clarify how you saw these please? Perhaps I could look a bit deeper?

So far 6.4.5 seems to be working well for me. Some fixes and no downside that I have seen so far.

Kind Regards,

Andy.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I wouldn't expect it to show up in logging most of times since it's related to NPU. If you keep console connection up all the time they would show up regardless you're logging in or not. At least that's how I saw them.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It appears that this happens only when the image is loaded to boot up, which I did, to a 40F. The same report exists with much older version (6.0.x) but by the time it upgraded to 6.4.4, it stopped happening in that case. In my case, rebooting it once has stopped the symptom. So seems to be a bug at least with 40Fs but not sure if it could happen to 60F that has the same NP6XLITE.

But it doesn't seem to have any effects once the error stopped whatever you did to stop it. So very minor issue.  

NeilG

Does a full power cycle cause the messages/problem to reoccur?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Based on the description I wouldn't think so.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors