Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lphillipsbio
New Contributor

6.2.2 SSLVPN Problems

Since upgrading to 6.2.2 we are having problems with sslvpn clients not being able to connect.  Yesterday we had to reissue a FortiToken to get one user working -- still investigating others.  Just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues?  Happy to share more details if anyone is interested.

1 Solution
shonselaar

Same problem here after upgrade from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2

Solution:

Type your password followed by the tokencode in the Password field and click connect. Do not type your password - click connect - type your tokencode in the token field - click connect.

So password and tokencode in the same field (One after the other)

This fixed the problem temporarily for our cusomers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
qxu_FTNT
Staff
Staff

This is an known issue, will be fixed in 6.2.3. Mobile token authentication doesn't work for SSLVPN on SOC3 platforms. Affected models: FGT_100E, FGT_100EF, FGT_101E, FGT_140E, FGT_60E, FGT_60E_POE, FGT_61E, FGT_80E, FGT_80E_POE, FGT_81E, FGT_81E_POE, FWF_60E, FWF_61E

lphillipsbio

True -- except that I'm not using any of those models -- we are using a 501e.

bmduncan34

We're considering upgrading from 6.2.1 due to the CVE-2018-13379 and CVE-2018-13383 SSL VPN vulnerabilities.  We have SSL VPN users using FortiToken Mobile tokens.  We're running 601E's.  How did you make out with your 501E?

lphillipsbio

Yes, those are nasty. 

So far so good with 6.2.2 --  Memory utilization is down about 25%, on average.  No apparent problems with WAD (knock on wood)...

We did have to reset a few user tokens -- but not everyone -- so I could not predict whether or not FortiToken logins will work after upgrading.  

ajuDave
New Contributor

Yep.  Same problem.  We get a -455 error after entering the FortiToken code (48% on the progress).  We upgraded last night and nobody has been able to use a FortiToken since.

shonselaar

Same problem here after upgrade from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2

Solution:

Type your password followed by the tokencode in the Password field and click connect. Do not type your password - click connect - type your tokencode in the token field - click connect.

So password and tokencode in the same field (One after the other)

This fixed the problem temporarily for our cusomers.

bigs

We're running Fortigate 6.0.8 build 0303 (GA) and Forticlient 6.0.9.0277 and seeing the exact same issue

I started removing fortitoken for some users but this is proving painful as once fixed i'll have to re-issue

I stumbled over this solution and have tested successfully.  Has anyone heard from support why this is happening and if there is a fix coming (I have a case open ticket 3785303)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors