Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thund31
New Contributor

200D firmware update path?

a FortiGate 200D firewall on my side needs to update the firmware.

currently its firmware verison is v5.0,build0318 (GA Patch 12)

i tried searching for recommended upgrade path of firmware for this device in here https://docs.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool

, however, not so sure about it.

alright, the question is, in order to upgrade the firmware from v5.0 build0318 to v6.0.10,

I had to upgrade to version 5.2.9, 5.2.11, 5.2.13, 5.4.10, 5.6.9, 5.6.11, 6.0.10 in sequence? update for like 7 times?!!

what about the upgrade between v5.0 build0318 and version 5.2.9??? can i  jump from v5.0 to 5.2.9?

2 Solutions
mhe
Contributor II

go to support.fortinet.com, Log in and go to downloads -> Fiirmware Images. There, you can get the upgrade path for any Fortigate. Unfortunaltely, this starts at 5.2.9

So first go to 5.0.14, and then to 5.2.9. Then as wou wrote in the original post. Make shure to read the release notes and make backups at every step.

View solution in original post

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You missed the link below in the upgrade path page.

"Upgrade information for older FortiOS versions (before 5.2.9) can be found here."

It's very large table so very difficult to find the right rows vs. right columns. But it says you can only go to 5.2.8 from 5.0.12 in one step. From there you can either go to 5.2.9 then follow what you found so far, or go to 5.4.2 then find the rest from the tool.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mhe
Contributor II

go to support.fortinet.com, Log in and go to downloads -> Fiirmware Images. There, you can get the upgrade path for any Fortigate. Unfortunaltely, this starts at 5.2.9

So first go to 5.0.14, and then to 5.2.9. Then as wou wrote in the original post. Make shure to read the release notes and make backups at every step.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You missed the link below in the upgrade path page.

"Upgrade information for older FortiOS versions (before 5.2.9) can be found here."

It's very large table so very difficult to find the right rows vs. right columns. But it says you can only go to 5.2.8 from 5.0.12 in one step. From there you can either go to 5.2.9 then follow what you found so far, or go to 5.4.2 then find the rest from the tool.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors