Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phowardmhm
New Contributor

1000C Upgrade from 5.2.10 to 5.6.6

Hello,

We are upgrading our Fortinet 1000C from code 5.2.10 to 5.6.6 and as I'm looking at the release notes on 5.4.5 (attached, page 14 under Upgrading to FortiOS 5.6.0) I see the following verbiage.

"If you have configured IPsec in version 5.4.5, after upgrading to 5.6.0, you must reconfigure all IPsec phase1 psksecret settings before you can establish an IPsec tunnel.

My question is, the first part of the statement talks about having configured IPSec in 5.4.5 then you'll have to reconfig the PSK.  What if the tunnels had been configured in 5.2, do I still need to reconfig the PSK?  Thanks,   

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I'd say yes. The reason afair (correct me if I am wrong) is that between 5.4 and 5.6 the encryption algorithm for storing psk etc has been changed. So 5.6.x can no longer decrypt psk that were stored encrypted in 5.4.x or prior.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors