FortiSOAR Discussions
Yogi1
New Contributor

\"CS-WF-3: Invalid format of value for for_each loop ''. The error is 'Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)'.\"

Hello Team,

I am a new bee to FortiSoar and I am executing a playbook where I am using Exchange connector to create an alert record. In one of the steps (Out of the box), there is a for loop and when I execute the playbook which contains the step, I get "\"CS-WF-3: Invalid format of value for for_each loop ''. The error is 'Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)'.\"" error. I know this error is because no value passed into the loop and I would request you guys to help me out with any advice and tips to overcome this hurdle.

I am sure this is such a tiny issue and as I am a very beginner for FortiSoar, your advice would be of great help. Waiting with loads of questions to discuss.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Yogi B
3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_Carsey

Hi Yogi,

Welcome to the FortiSOAR community!

Can you send the name of the step that failed with that error? To find this, you can open the executed playbook logs, navigate to the failed playbook, and find the failed step. Note that if there is a reference playbook step, you will need to navigate to the child playbook to find the actual step failure.

Thank you,
------------------------------
Chris
Staff Software Development Engineer - FortiSOAR
-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: Mar 25, 2022 10:27 AM
Subject: \"CS-WF-3: Invalid format of value for for_each loop ''. The error is 'Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)'.\"

Hello Team,

I am a new bee to FortiSoar and I am executing a playbook where I am using Exchange connector to create an alert record. In one of the steps (Out of the box), there is a for loop and when I execute the playbook which contains the step, I get "\"CS-WF-3: Invalid format of value for for_each loop ''. The error is 'Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)'.\"" error. I know this error is because no value passed into the loop and I would request you guys to help me out with any advice and tips to overcome this hurdle.

I am sure this is such a tiny issue and as I am a very beginner for FortiSoar, your advice would be of great help. Waiting with loads of questions to discuss.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Yogi B
Yogi1

Hello Chris,

Thanks a ton for our swift response!

I have clowned the playbook "Exchange > Fetch". I am fetching the unread emails from the configured mailbox and I get the error in the referenced playbook "Process emails", which is again a out of the box playbook.

The use case that I am trying out to execute is a playbook to ingest a phishing email to create an alert in FortiSoar.

Kindly let me know if you need any further information.
-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: Mar 25, 2022 12:01 PM
Subject: \"CS-WF-3: Invalid format of value for for_each loop ''. The error is 'Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)'.\"

Hi Yogi,

Can you send the name of the step that failed with that error? To find this, you can open the executed playbook logs, navigate to the failed playbook, and find the failed step. Note that if there is a reference playbook step, you will need to navigate to the child playbook to find the actual step failure.

Thank you,
Chris

Original Message:

Hello Team,

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Yogi B
Dylan1

Hi Yogi,

Can you open the reference playbook step and find the step in that playbook where it's failing? Any screenshots you can provide would also be helpful. 

Thank you,
Dylan
Professional Services Engineer - FortiSOAR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: Mar 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Hello Chris,

Thanks a ton for our swift response!

I have clowned the playbook "Exchange > Fetch". I am fetching the unread emails from the configured mailbox and I get the error in the referenced playbook "Process emails", which is again a out of the box playbook.

The use case that I am trying out to execute is a playbook to ingest a phishing email to create an alert in FortiSoar.

Kindly let me know if you need any further information.

Original Message:
Sent: Mar 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Hi Yogi,

Thank you,
Chris

Original Message:

Hello Team,

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Yogi B