FortiSOAR Discussions
kcanalichio
New Contributor III

Manual Input - Dropdown list containing array of records generated from find records step

Is there a way to create a pick list in a manual input that contains the list of records returned by a the find records task.

So basically I want the user to see a list of records, and select the one that needs to be worked with from the drop down?
1 REPLY 1
Dylan1
Staff
Staff

Hi Kevin, 

Check out this playbook, It was developed on 7.2.0 though which may not be compatible with earlier versions. in 7.2.0 you have the option to not link manual inputs to a record which i have done in this case. 
The playbook
  1. Searches for 30 records
  2. Combines record id and record name to a variable (important so the unique id can be extracted from the selection)
  3. Uses dynamic list option on manual input to display the records
  4. Takes the input and grabs the id from the selection
  5. Does another search for the selected id to pull in the full details
-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: Apr 27, 2022 12:30 PM
Subject: Manual Input - Dropdown list containing array of records generated from find records step

Is there a way to create a pick list in a manual input that contains the list of records returned by a the find records task.

So basically I want the user to see a list of records, and select the one that needs to be worked with from the drop down?