FortiSIEM Discussions
Ezzat
New Contributor

Upgrade 6.7.5 to 7

I would like to upgrade FortiSIEM from 6.7.5 to 7, do we have first to upgrade the linux os from centos to rockey or this will already be done when we do the upgrade steps ?

17 REPLIES 17
FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You can upgrade from 6.7.5 straight to 7.0.0

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/7.0.0/upgrade-guide/505373/upgrading-to-fortisiem-7-x-x

FSM 6.7.x runs on Rocky Linux, so there is no migration from CentOS to Rocky needed.

JohnCheong
New Contributor II

HI,
I would like to upgrade from version 6.6 to version 7 as well. I believe I just need to do a regular upgrade, but according to the link you shared, it seems very complicated. I'm not sure which steps to follow and which ones I can skip. Is there a simple user guide available for a regular upgrade?

Secusaurus

Hi JohnCheong,

It depends on your setup. If you have NFS or local database, it's just uploading zip, extract, and run FSM upgrade shell.

If you are using Elastic or ClickHouse, you may need to consider other steps as well, that's the reason why this is such a large document. Usually, when you are using one of these databases, you have some experience in these deployments, so it's not that complicated either.

I suppose, you will only need to jump right into Upgrade 6.x Single Node Deployment or Upgrade 6.x Cluster Deployment.

I did not experience any major issues with upgrading in little steps yet, so just note that the upgrade will take some time.

Best,

Christian

FCP & FCSS Security Operations | Fortinet Advanced Partner
JohnCheong

Hi Christian, 
Thank you for the answer, I basically very new to fortiSIEM, and not very sure how they setup, basically the fortiSIEM install in vmware and we are not using Elastic or ClickHouse. 

For the latest version of fortiSIEM i can download from user portal right? 

Best Regards.

Secusaurus

Yes. You would use the "FSM_Upgrade_All_7.0.0_build0026.zip".

FSM_FTNT

You should also consider running with ClickHouse, especially if you have a new install of FortiSIEM. Running with the built-in ClickHouse provides a number of benefits, including query speed and broader analytic functions.

Ezzat
New Contributor

Thank you

labsession101
New Contributor

@Ezzat @Secusaurus 

How do you proceed with your collector upgrade?
is it via  GUI?

Uploaded the bundle in supervisor
And upgrade the collector via ADMIN > HEALTH > COLLECTOR HEALTH?

Thanks

Secusaurus

Yes, you can do it on the interface. On FSM 7.x you can even upload on the GUI.

You might want to follow this guide here.

Best,

Christian