FortiSIEM Discussions
makeel
New Contributor

Report not genrated

Dear team

I working with FortiSIEM version 7 , I have  2 issue

first one , I setting scheduled for some report to generate report weekly and this is done , recently the weekly report is not generated although I re-scheduled setting the report again but the same issue.

second issue

when I   generated analysis and I want to export by PDF , the error appeared as I attached.

noresult.png

1 Solution
Secusaurus
Contributor

Hi @makeel,

Obviously, the second issue is the reason for the first one. In my understanding, the report just could not be generated.

Can you run the report itself in Analytics and just the export fails? Or does it already fail in Analytics?

You should get some backend errors here, some of them could also be visible on the GUI (upper right corner). That's what I'd investigate next.

Then, what did you change in between the working and non-working state?

If you are quite sure that you did not change any major things and can't find something obvious in the errors, it will be a case for TAC, I suppose.

Best,

Christian

FCP & FCSS Security Operations | Fortinet Advanced Partner

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Secusaurus
Contributor

Hi @makeel,

Obviously, the second issue is the reason for the first one. In my understanding, the report just could not be generated.

Can you run the report itself in Analytics and just the export fails? Or does it already fail in Analytics?

You should get some backend errors here, some of them could also be visible on the GUI (upper right corner). That's what I'd investigate next.

Then, what did you change in between the working and non-working state?

If you are quite sure that you did not change any major things and can't find something obvious in the errors, it will be a case for TAC, I suppose.

Best,

Christian

makeel
New Contributor

by mistake I click the accept the solution

makeel
New Contributor

I tested again and the same issue

Richie_C
Staff
Staff

Hi @makeel 

The behaviour you describe matches a know issue in version 7. It will be fixed in version 7.1.4 and 7.2.0. 

Best regards.

Take a backup before making any changes
makeel
New Contributor

are there any solution to fix this issue without upgrade the version

Richie_C

Do you have restricted internet access? This is the root cause of the issue. If you could allow FortiSIEM to access the internet, it should resolve the issue. Sorry, but i don't know the exact destinations.

You could create a TAC case to help.

makeel
New Contributor

Dears

I connected the server with internet and generated the report and the same issue

Richie_C

Have you been able to confirm that FortiSIEM can successfully connect to the internet on TCP/443?

Maybe you could check the following if you have not already done so:

ping google.com
curl -v https://www.google.com

It is also possible that a restart is required after the change you made. 

Obviously make sure you have a backup before making any changes.

If its not the same issue, you should probably raise a tac case to investigate.