FortiSIEM Discussions
hhenry
New Contributor

Import bulk list of IP addresses into Discovery

We have a list of 800 ip addresses in a spreadsheet that need to be added to the Credentials and Discovery tabs under Admin --- Setup. Currently the ip addresses are being added manually one at a time, which is very time consuming. Is there a way to import the bulk list into Fortisiem or script this process? 

1 Solution
premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Hi @hhenry ,

Unfortunately there is no workaround to import IP lists from excel or any file.  The best option you can use for manually adding more devices is using range or smart scan if possible.

All information regarding discovering devices are available in below link:
https://help.fortinet.com/fsiem/6-7-5/Online-Help/HTML5_Help/Discovering_devices.htm

Regards,
Prem Chander R

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Hi @hhenry ,

Unfortunately there is no workaround to import IP lists from excel or any file.  The best option you can use for manually adding more devices is using range or smart scan if possible.

All information regarding discovering devices are available in below link:
https://help.fortinet.com/fsiem/6-7-5/Online-Help/HTML5_Help/Discovering_devices.htm

Regards,
Prem Chander R
mscirri
New Contributor II

I had the same issue adding in all of the CrowdStrike IP addresses, and they are not in blocks, just hundreds of individual addresses.  Fortinet does not have a feature request site, like UserVoice, so I was instructed to give my account manager all of my feature requests and they would take it to the product team. 

mscirri
New Contributor II

One of my requests was to have Fortinet establish a feature request site.   lol

FSM_FTNT

I'm listening and appreciating this feedback.

mscirri
New Contributor II

Using something like UserVoice would be great, because, if you aren't already familiar with it, it allows people to see and vote on all submitted suggestions/requests. So for product owners, it gives them another metric to take into account when prioritizing.  Unless there is an area in this community already setup to behave that way. If that is the case, please let me know!!

cdurkin_FTNT
Staff
Staff
mscirri
New Contributor II

Is there an API for Networks?

cdurkin_FTNT

Not sure I completely understand the question .... but if it is can ip ranges be defined, then yes ..  single IP, IP-IP etc..

<includeRange>192.168.2.10, 172.16.10.28, 192.168.0.10-192.168.0.404</includeRange>

mscirri

In the API documentation that you referenced in response to the original poster, I do not see anything that shows hw to add to Resources >> Networks via API.  I was wondering if there was documentation somewhere else that shows an API for adding networks. If there is, I would love to be able to script out something using the API the next time I need to add hundreds of IP addresses.