FortiSIEM Discussions
SegfaultBreaker
New Contributor

Fortisiem RDP

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to ask you how we could connect in RDP to the machines on which the agent is installed. I disabled the windows firewall, activated the rdp on the targeted machine, I allowed traffic on my fortigate.

Is there an extra step?

Yours truly.

4 REPLIES 4
Stephen_G

Hello SegfaultBreaker,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
SegfaultBreaker

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks a lot !

simonai
New Contributor III

Hi

The FortiSIEM does not rely on the Agent to open a RDP session, it's completely independent. You need to enable RDP on the enpoint (please don't disable but reconfigure the Windows Firewall) and active RDP, then it should work.

You need credentials for the machine, and if you're trying to connect via FortiSIEM (never tried that yet) you need to have the network firewall accepting the RDP traffic from your collector to the end device.

Regards

SegfaultBreaker

Hi thanks for all your recommendation, I already did what you said. The RDP works, through a vpn, other pc's inside the same network. But I'm currently trying to do rdp through Fortisiem, but it's seems that is broken. SSH works through FortiSIEM but rdp not I don't know why and what to do :\

Best regards my friend !