FortiSIEM Discussions
Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

[FortiSIEM]Default logon report of Terminal/CLI

Dear Team,

Whether FortiSIEM support the default logon report of Supervisor/Collector Terminal/CLI?

I know that FortiSIEM GUI(admin) supports a Default Report "All FortiSIEM GUI Logon Attempts",But I can't find any report that shows the logon of Supervisor/Collector Terminal/CLI.

I would like to know whether this default report exists.

Or How I can create a report template to meet it. 

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
1 Solution
FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Bruce,

When you SSH to FortiSIEM, it will by default, send that event into FortiSIEM and can be queried by analytics.

You should be able to search for:

Event Type = Generic_Unix_Successful_SSH_Login

You can also run the out the box report "Logon: Unix Server Logons" and can add the "Event Type = Generic_Unix_Successful_SSH_Login" to the filter if needed.

You can also search Resources / Reports /Devices /Unix and then search for Logon, you will see several out the box reports that can be customised.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello Bruce, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

Dear Philippe,

Any update?

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Hi Bruce,

There is no default logon report for CLI login/logoff , also this information is not recorded in event types on GUI as well. 

You can only get this information in CLI and many linux forums can assist in this. 

Regards,
Prem Chander R
Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

As your reply

If I configure the Syslog configuration of rocky Linux (Supervisor/Collector), whether I can see the logon status on Dashboard>Server>Logon > Linux Logon Success/Failure...
Do you think that it works properly? 

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Bruce,

When you SSH to FortiSIEM, it will by default, send that event into FortiSIEM and can be queried by analytics.

You should be able to search for:

Event Type = Generic_Unix_Successful_SSH_Login

You can also run the out the box report "Logon: Unix Server Logons" and can add the "Event Type = Generic_Unix_Successful_SSH_Login" to the filter if needed.

You can also search Resources / Reports /Devices /Unix and then search for Logon, you will see several out the box reports that can be customised.

Announcements

Welcome to your new Fortinet Community!

You'll find your previous forum posts under "Forums"