FortiSIEM Discussions
adem_netsys
Contributor

FortiSIEM Collector Upgrade Issue

Hi, 

I upgraded supervisor from 7.0.2 to 7.1.1. When I want to use Collector, I get the error "Operation timed out. Collector is not responding." What is the reason? Image is installed, but I cannot action>download.

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-01-23 150326.png

20 REPLIES 20
FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

From a shell on the collector, what is the output of the command phstatus

If you check the logs /opt/phoenix/logs/phoenix.log for any errors

adem_netsys

Hi @FSM_FTNT 

all service up of phstatus now

FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Next step would be to check for errors in phoenix log.

From the collector can you reach the super (IP or hostname) curl -k https://<super IP or DNS name>

What does the health screen show with these columns?

khanchand
New Contributor II

Hi,

copy the Supervisor's host name in ADMIN > License > Nodes and in collector /etc/hosts file make the local entry to resolve supervisor IP address with its hostname. after that you will be able to download the image on collector.

Because Supervisor create a URL for the Collectors to download the image. It is critical to set the host name in the URL correctly so that a Collector can resolve the host name. 

adem_netsys

Hi @khanchand 

Should there be collector ip and hostname in collector?

khanchand

In collector /etc/hosts file put an entry <supervisor IP> <Supervisor Hostname>.

So that collector can resolve supervisor IP with its hostname.

adem_netsys

Hi,

i did this way, i'm able to see upgrade version as 7.1.3 but it doesn't change version number.

FSM_FTNT

Have you got a support ticket open for this?

Gerkhan

Did you successfully solved this problem? I have a same issue. Firstly I had to add the Supervisor's hostname and IP to /etc/hosts, and after I could dowenload the image from the Image Server to a Collector. I double checked this in the CLI. But after "Successful" installation, the Collector's Version number did not changed, but if I add the Upgrade Version column, i see the correct version.