FortiSIEM Discussions
Ricardo_forigua
New Contributor II

Creating a network range for ipv6 in CMDB for querying doesn't work

Hi, I am trying to create an IPV6 address range in the CMDB fortisiem to query using the "in" operator and the IPV6 address range created in the CMDB in the search filters but this is not working, the fortisiem version is 7.0.1.0038 , how can I do it?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Secusaurus
Contributor

Hi Ricardo,

In my experience, FSM does not treat IPv6 addresses perfectly at some other places as well.

I suppose, the fastest method for the moment is creating an address object (Resources -> Networks) with the subnet you are looking for and use that one for your queries. At least this is the way we work and it looks correctly on our system (FSM 7.1).

Besides, I would like to encourage you to contact TAC here, as it should work like this.

Best,

Christian

FCP & FCSS Security Operations | Fortinet Advanced Partner
FCP & FCSS Security Operations | Fortinet Advanced Partner
FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Got a screen shot of the query you are trying to run? Just so I know exactly what to test?

Thanks

Dan

budder
New Contributor

Hi,

We can create custom address objects under Resources->Networks->Guest Net to filter IPv6 address ranges.

For e.g., I have created some IPv6 address ranges manually under Super->System in FortiSIEM 7.1.0.0142, tested in analytics and its working fine.

Refer the screenshots of sample custom IPv6 address ranges which I have created.IPv6 Custom Address Object 2.png

IPv6 Custom Address Object 3.png

IPv6 Custom Address Object 1.png

Create under Super->SystemCreate under Super->System