FortiSIEM Discussions
Taher11
New Contributor III

Configuring SSH on FortiSIEM to communicate with FortiGate

Hello, 

I would like to configure SSH on FortiSIEM in order to monitor any change on the configuration from the fortigate side

EL MOUSTAPHA MOHAMED LEMINE TAHER
1 Solution
premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Hi @Taher11 ,

The issue is specific only for your environment and it requires some troubleshooting by analyzing your logs. It would be better if you can open a support ticket and engineer would assist you. 

Regards,
Prem Chander R

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Hi @Taher11 ,

The steps for this is documented in external systems configuration guide: 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/7.0.1/external-systems-configuration-guide/751381/forti...

Let me know if you have any specific query on this.

Regards,
Prem Chander R
Taher11
New Contributor III

Thanks, I successfully added Fortigate to Fortisiem using SSH and SNMP. Still, the problem I face now is that the CMDB method tab for this particular FortiGate firewall shows LOG instead of SSH or SNMP.

@premchanderr Screenshot 2023-08-11 092018.png

kcanalichio
New Contributor III

I would check to see if you have multiple entries in the CMDB for the firewall it sound like it didn't merge correctly when you discovered it due to an name or IP mismatch. You might also need to make sure the source-ip of your syslogs messages are being sent from it the same address ip as the one your discovering using SNMP

Taher11
New Contributor III

Well in the CMDB there is one entry for this particularly FortiGate

premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Hi @Taher11 ,

The issue is specific only for your environment and it requires some troubleshooting by analyzing your logs. It would be better if you can open a support ticket and engineer would assist you. 

Regards,
Prem Chander R
Taher11
New Contributor III

Thank you for your feedback