FortiSIEM Discussions
mohamed44
New Contributor

CMDB Report

Hi All,

I am running CMDB Reports toward incidents I need to get incident triggered for example 4 days ago what attribute i should use and the values of those attributes

I was trying to configure one see the image below

لقطة الشاشة 2024-06-30 131943.png

FortiSIEM 

#CMDB

thanks, on advance

Muhammed
Muhammed
3 REPLIES 3
sioannou
Contributor

Hi @mohamed44 , 

When working with FortiSIEM time in searches or API queries is in Epoch time. Have a look at the article https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiSIEM/Technical-Tip-How-to-purge-events-for-an-organization-fr...  - Section Date. 

Also if I can ask what version of FortiSIEM are you using? I don't remember Incident First Seen as variable, I think the variable is Incident First Occurrence Time. 

Regards,

S

mohamed44

Dear @sioannou I'm working on FortiSIEM version 7.1.3, and I notice that the attribute called:

Incident First Occurrence Time

but it won't appear while running or configuring CMDB report for incident

BR

update I tried to use the epoch time but did not work

Muhammed
Muhammed
sioannou
Contributor

Hi @mohamed44 ,

CMDB reports are purely for CMDB (devices under monitoring), they do not contain any information on Incidents nor can you create a report for Incidents under CMDB Reports. 

If you are looking into developing a new Incident Report than the best option is to go to Resources-> Reports -> Incidents, find a relevant report load it into analytics, make necessary customisations and then save it as a new report for future reference. 

When working with analytics if you are looking for information not in the Events (i.e. System Event Category = 0), then you need to specify the System Event Category as shown https://help.fortinet.com/fsiem/7-1-1/Online-Help/HTML5_Help/Event-categories-handling.htm 

Regards,

S

Announcements

Welcome to your new Fortinet Community!

You'll find your previous forum posts under "Forums"