|Description||This Article describes how you can restore FortiNAC Database via CLI in case the Database was corrupted.|
|Scope||How to restore FortiNAC Database via CLI in version 8.8 and above.
Restore FortiNAC Database from CLI:
- The disk fails on a RAID-less appliance.
- The appliance has been reset to factory defaults, and you want to restore the pre-reset remote backup of the database.
- The FortiNAC hardware is upgraded and it is expected to restore the most recent remote backup from the previous FortiNAC appliance.
1) Copy (e.g., use winscp) the most recent backup from the remote server to the /bsc/campusMgr/master_loader/mysql/backup directory on the FortiNAC Control Server. Or it is possible to revert back to an automatic backup created automatically by ForiNAC in the backup folder.
2) Log into the CLI on the Control Server with root privileges.
3) Stop the the FortiNAC processes:
4) Navigate to the /bsc/campusMgr/master_loader/mysql/backup directory and identify the filename of the backup to be used.
5) Navigate to the /bsc/campusMgr/master_loader/mysql directory and restore the database:
6) Start the FortiNAC processes: