|Description||This article explains how to upgrade FortiGate through FortiManager.|
|Scope||Any supported FortiGate, FortiManager version.|
Upgrade a FortiGate:
1) Under Device Manager -> Managed FortiGate, double-click on the FortiGate to upgrade. Under the Firmware Version section, select Upgrade Firmware.
2) Select the appropriate version/image and select Upgrade.
3) Next, a prompt will be shown prior to the Upgrade. Select OK to proceed.
4) Track the progress of the upgrade. Wait for it to successfully complete.
Alternatively, upgrade using a Firmware Template:
1) Assign a firmware template under Device Manager -> Firmware Templates -> Create New.
2) Create a new firmware template and select the platform and the firmware version under the Upgrade Details section.
3) It is recommended to upgrade based on the recommended upgrade path under the Upgrade Path option.
4) After the firmware template has been created, assign the device to this template by right-clicking the template and selecting Assign to Device/Group options. Next, move the FortiGate(s) into the Selected Entries section and select OK.
5) The selected devices assigned to the Firmware Templates will be shown.
6) Check under the Device Manager page that the firmware template has been assigned under the managed devices.
7) To upgrade, go back to the firmware templates, right-click on the correct template and select Upgrade Now to which will prompt an upgrade of the FortiGate(s).
8) Select OK to upgrade the devices assigned to the template and wait for the upgrade to complete successfully.