This article describes how to use a custom event handler in FortiAnalyzer to raise alerts for incident response related to the Realtek SDK attack. A report is also provided to gain historical visibility into your logs.
Note that this article provides alpha files which are automatically generated. The article will be continually updated as more information becomes available.
This article contains the files necessary to load an event handler and report into your FortiAnalyzer for either a Fabric ADOM or a FortiGate ADOM. The Fabric report and event handler leverage logs from other Fortinet products that can be used to detect the attack in addition to FortiGate logs.
What is included in Fortinet_Realtek SDK Attack.zip?
1) Realtek SDK Attack_event-handler.json
This event handler helps identify Realtek SDK attacks detected by FortiGates and other Fortinet products.
2) Realtek SDK Attack_report.dat
This report displays the findings on Realtek SDK attacks from FortiGates and other Fortinet products.
3) fgt_Realtek SDK Attack_event-handler.json
The event handler for FortiGate ADOMs is configured for FortiGate logs only.
4) fgt_Realtek SDK Attack_report.dat
The report for FortiGate ADOMs includes FortiGate charts only.
1) Download the Fortinet_Realtek SDK Attack.zip file (contains 4 files).
2) Unzip Fortinet_Realtek SDK Attack.zip.
3) Import Realtek SDK Attack_event-handler.json or fgt_Realtek SDK Attack_event-handler.json event handler:
- Choose an ADOM (if ADOMs are enabled). The ADOM may be of type Fabric or FortiGate:
- Choose the FortiSOC module.
- Select Event Handler List.
- Select the Import option under More.
- Select the appropriate event handler depending on the
The event handler is enabled and will be triggered if the appropriate logs are received following the import of the event handler. Edit the event handler to customize the notification section.
4) Import Realtek SDK Attack_report.dat or fgt_Realtek SDK Attack_report.dat to Reports:
- Choose an ADOM (if ADOMs are enabled). ADOM may be of type Fabric or FortiGate.
- Select the appropriate file for the ADOM type to add the report to the ADOM.
The Realtek SDK Attack_report can be run anytime as determined by an admin user.