FortiAnalyzer
FortiAnalyzer can receive logs and Windows host events directly from endpoints connected to EMS, and you can use FortiAnalyzer to analyze the logs and run reports.
Nur
Staff
Staff
Article Id 244728
Description This article describes the HA requirement or criteria before configuring the HA setup in FortiAnalyzer.
Scope FortiAnalyzer.
Solution

High Availability (HA) is the ability of a system to operate continuously without failure for a designated period of time. HA works to ensure a system meets an agreed-upon operational performance level.

There are four main criteria that need to be verified and fulfilled when implementing the HA in FortiAnalyzer:

1) Platform:

- The most importing before implementing HA is the Platform type.

- The platform is divided into two which are Physical and Virtual.

- For the virtual appliance, there are a few types such as VMware, HV, KVM, AWS, Azure and etc.

- When implementing the HA, check what platform to be used. If platforms are different, it is impossible to implement the HA.

- Example of  the platform  type combination when implementing a HA:

Hardware ---- Hardware.

VMware ----VMware.

KVM ---- KVM .

Azure ----Azure.

2) License:

- Licenses are different for each Physical and Virtual.

- The license count for both primary and secondary should be tallied. 

3) Firmware version:

- Firmware versions need to be the same.

- The firmware needs to be the same due to different syntax for each version. If the HA uses a different firmware version, it will cause a config file error where the HA will fail to establish.

4) Disk size:

- Recommended to be the same size between primary and secondary.

Related article:

Technical Tip: FortiAnalyzer HA Configuration and Troubleshooting

Comments
ebenav11
Staff
Staff

Hi Team, hoping you are doing fine!

I'm deploying a solution in Azure, for one our customer, I followed this configuration guide:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer-public-cloud/7.2.0/azure-administration-guide/12009...

My doubt is, the Back-to-Back interface, how is created in Azure? It's needed for the HA syncronization?

Or the HA status is does by the 'fazutil' process throught Azure?

Kind regards

#FortiAnalyzer #HA #Azure