Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

fcnsp1027
New Contributor

where can i fin the new FortiGuard Mobile Security Services info?

where can i fin the new FortiGuard Mobile Security Services info?
3 REPLIES 3
amadoglio_FTNT

Hello,

did you have received any feedback?

Many thanks

Antonio

mkubilius_FTNT

I am looking for the same info: datasheet or presentation about what is included as part of Mobile Security Service, value proposition and key sales arguments.

FBarthel_FTNT

Hi team,
this is what I got from Robin Liao and Deena Thomchick.

1. It is an “extended” AV signature DB subscription for FortiGate, which consists of malwares targeted at mobile platforms such as Android. 
  2. These signatures are already present in today’s AV DB (http://fortiguard.com/avmobilethreats) but on V5.4, they will need that additional Mobile Security FortiGuard subscription. 
  3. In future, we may expand more signatures or related services.
  4. PMM will have an updated FortiGuard Services Product page, data sheet and perhaps an FAQ doc in due time. Meantime, the prelim FortiOS 5.4 deck on Fuse covers briefly on the matter.

These services are part of the FortiOS 5.4 launch and are planned to be included with the release of all the FOS 5.4 materials. They are covered in the internal training for NSE L2 FOS 5.4  training module that you can reach through the Getting Ready for FOS 5.4 NSE training article on FUSE. 

New Mobile Security Service

This is a new subscription services from FortiGuard Labs. It is a data feed that delivers protection against malware targeting mobile platforms. It is added to the standard AV data feed and activated through a simple toggle in the AV profile settings in FOS 5.4. Here’s a list (not exhaustive) of the types of threats it protects against: http://www.fortiguard.com/avmobilethreats 

New Enterprise Bundles

Enterprise Bundle (8x5 FortiCare plus NGFW, AV, Web Filtering, Antispam, FortiSandbox Cloud and Mobile Security Services)

Enterprise Bundle (24x7 FortiCare plus NGFW, AV, Web Filtering, Antispam, FortiSandbox Cloud and Mobile Security Services)

Position the Enterprise bundle as the “all you can eat smorgasbord” for the full range of security features in the FortiGate. This is the ultimate in flexibility and protection, customers get access to all FortiGuard services available for the FortiGate and the flexibility to deploy what they want, when they want it – the FOS 5.4 interface makes this really easy. (Theory is that it is easier to get resource procurement for services up front when they make their initial purchase rather than piecemeal later if they decide they want to add a service.  I recommend against trying to position the added services against the UTM bundle but rather to skip the UTM bundle altogether and move directly from basic FortiCare services to Enterprise bundle. Best target is a new customer/new FortiGate sale. Only works with FOS 5.4.) 

Pricing:

Mobile Security service: 20% HW price

Enterprise bundle with 8x5 FortiCare: 70% HW price

Enterprise bundle with 24x7 FortiCare: 80% HW price