Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

JohnKall
New Contributor

two-factor authentication

Hi,

I am working in a cloud environment and I need to write a report on the "two-factor authentication" mechanism. 

Just to let you know we have two domains. One for the infrastructure network and one for the "tenants".

Can you provide me with relevant info on how the mechanism will work for these two seperated domains? Will it be the same or different workaround is need it? 

Please give an example, if possible.

Thanks

John

2 REPLIES 2
aagrafi
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but two factor authentication is performed at the user level, not the VDOM level. This includes both users and admin accounts. In other words, two factor authentication will apply to the users it is assigned to, no matter which VDOM they belong to. You can find more information in the FortiOS handbook, at the chapter for authentication (normally Chapter 4). Does this answers your question?

Regards

Andreas

JohnKall

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your reply. 

From your answer I understand that two-factor authentication it's clearly a user related matter and it's not something that can be activated on per VDOM basis.

I will also keep on reading the FortOS handbook as you proposed.

Regards

John