Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Not applicable

interface diagnostics with errors?

There is documentation that the command diag hardware deviceinfo nic should show more details than it does, including errors, but it does not. Is there a different diag hardware command that will show more details? I'm really looking for error counters.

Here's what in the documentation but not showing up:

Rx_Errors=0
Tx_Errors=0
Rx_Dropped=0
Tx_Dropped=0

I did find a web page with the command fnsysctl ifconfig wan2 that does show errors. Is this the only way?

Norris Carden

Fortinet XTreme Team USA (2015)
CISSP (2005), CISA (2007)
Sr. Security Engineer | Arnett Group™

2 REPLIES 2
mnantel_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Norris,

Could you point to which documentation exactly states what you have observed? I will get our tech doc team to adjust that.

fnsysctl ifconfig is indeed the right way to get that information on non-NP interfaces. You might find that you get a different set of results when you run that diag hard deviceinfo on an NP circuitry which does, last I checked, provide the detailed error counters.

HTH,
mat

--

Mathieu Nantel - NSE4, CCIE #24349

Principal System Engineer / Consultant Technique Senior, Office of the CTO

Fortinet

-- Mathieu Nantel Systems Engineer / Conseiller Technique - Fortinet Montreal, QC

Kurt_Knochner_FTNT

Hi Norris,

did you check the following command?

diag netlink device list

Regards
Kurt

Kurt Knochner  |  Senior Systems Engineer  |  Carrier Team Germany
Phone:  +49 163 737 8484  |  email: kknochner@fortinet.com  |  skype: kkn_fortinet