Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

SCSIraidGURU1
New Contributor

When will FortiOS 7.x be reliable?

I am still on 6.4.8.   Most of the techs at Fortinet say stay on 6.4.x.    Everything I read on Fortinet 7.x.x is it has major issues with https and other functions on the firewall that cause issues for end users and devices/servers connected to it.   I hope Fortinet will continue upgrading 6.4.x and will either fix 7.0.5 properly or drop it completely as a option.   Reddit reports many issues on 7.0.5.  

1 REPLY 1
faridulalam_FTNT

After v6.0.x versions v6.4.x are mostly reliable and stable.
You have to struggle with v6.2.x and v7.0.x

Few low profile customers are using v7.0.3 with minimum traffic load, but complain against FortiGuard sync issue and some other unexpected behavior.
v7.0.4 have serious memory and cpu performance issue.
v7.0.5 have fixing for memory/cpu issue, but customers have complain against web filter and DNS filter profile. Using same policy, under same VLAN, few users are getting internet and few users either getting NO DNS resolution or FortiGuard web filter response fail.

So, for RnD, v7.0.x is OK
Bur, for production use, it's strongly recommended for v6.4.x

------------------------------
Faridul
------------------------------
[FirstName] [JobTitle]