Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

jsav
New Contributor

What is the recommended version of System Director

Is there a Fortinet recommended version of the System Director?

1 Solution
mswanson_FTNT

This is not an official Fortinet recommendation, but for my Meru customers that still have some or all 802.11n AP's I use 7.0-10-0, and for my customers with all 802.11ac AP's I use 8.2-4-0.

Matt Swanson

System Engineer

Fortinet

720-509-9868 | c: 763-639-3185

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mswanson_FTNT

This is not an official Fortinet recommendation, but for my Meru customers that still have some or all 802.11n AP's I use 7.0-10-0, and for my customers with all 802.11ac AP's I use 8.2-4-0.

Matt Swanson

System Engineer

Fortinet

jsav

Thanks Matthew

I have read through the release notes and don't see any pressing issues that would require an 802.11ac environment to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.4. Is there an page where Fortinet officially says it recommends going to a particular code level because of xyz?

mswanson_FTNT

We are working on coming up with an official recommendation, but the release notes are all we have for now.  There isn't anything that specifically says go to xyz release, so you have to go through the new features list and/or the fixed and known issues lists in the release notes in order to determine the best release for your customer.  You can always reach out to your local SWAT resource and they will help you figure out the best path forward.  

Matt Swanson

System Engineer

Fortinet

bandersen_FTNT

Hi all

As mentioned by Matt this will depend also on the actual installation.

For myself, then I prefer the 8.1-3-2 for all 11ac wave 1 AP's :)

Thanks

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet