Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

ylemage_FTNT
Staff
Staff

What are the limitations of the SSOMA shared secret in terms of length and allowed characters?

i,

What are the limitations of the" FortiClient SSO Mobility Agent Service" shared secret for communication avec FAC in terms of length and allowed characters?

We are having issues at a customer with this. When we use a very simple shared secret it works but when it gets a little longer or special characters is doesn't work anymore. It would be nice if someone could tell me the limitations.

Brgds

Yves

btw, I also posted the question in the FAC forum

1 REPLY 1
ylemage_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Answer: Max of 15 characters.  Any printable ascii characters allowed

In Reply to Yves Lemage:

i,

What are the limitations of the" FortiClient SSO Mobility Agent Service" shared secret for communication avec FAC in terms of length and allowed characters?

We are having issues at a customer with this. When we use a very simple shared secret it works but when it gets a little longer or special characters is doesn't work anymore. It would be nice if someone could tell me the limitations.

Brgds

Yves

btw, I also posted the question in the FAC forum