Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

FortiAdam
Contributor II

Vulnerability Analysis and Reporting

I like the idea of using the FortiGate to scan the network for vulnerabilities and open ports but how do I aggregate all of this data into a useful report?  It seems as though the vulnerability scan charts, datasets, and reports have not ever been developed as offerings on the FortiAnalyzer.

Does anyone have experience reporting on FortiGate Vulnerability scans?

1 Solution
mnantel_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Adam,

FAZ does receive the logging data from the VA engine that is on-box on FOS. While there arent any reports pre-existing on the FAZ for it, creating a quick dataset for table "Network Scan" with query "select * from $log where $filter" does output all columns out of that log. I'm currently having my lab FOS unit doing a VA scan and once I have some data I will see if I can produce some form of summary report for you.

--

Mathieu Nantel - NSE4, CCIE 24349

Principal System Engineer / Consultant Technique Senior, Office of the CTO

-- Mathieu Nantel Systems Engineer / Conseiller Technique - Fortinet Montreal, QC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mnantel_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Adam,

FAZ does receive the logging data from the VA engine that is on-box on FOS. While there arent any reports pre-existing on the FAZ for it, creating a quick dataset for table "Network Scan" with query "select * from $log where $filter" does output all columns out of that log. I'm currently having my lab FOS unit doing a VA scan and once I have some data I will see if I can produce some form of summary report for you.

--

Mathieu Nantel - NSE4, CCIE 24349

Principal System Engineer / Consultant Technique Senior, Office of the CTO

-- Mathieu Nantel Systems Engineer / Conseiller Technique - Fortinet Montreal, QC

abanth_FTNT

Hello Mathieu-

Any chanace you can share the report with me as well? I have a partner who is looking for this same thing.

Aftab