Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

gswiick
New Contributor

VPN rules for Fortigate to communicate across VPN to other sites

I'm having an issue (which became apparent when trying to set up FSSO) where I don't know how to set up a rule for the FortiGate itself to communicate over the site-to-site VPN tunnel. I've created the tunnel and set up rules where different vlans at the site can communicate to the other site. That tells me my routing is working. But if I log into the FortiGate itself, I can't ping devices that are on the other side of the VPN tunnel. It will resolve to an IP, but doesn't get a response. Traceroute doesn't even get to the first line. So I'm guessing I need to set up a policy, but I'm not sure how to do that. Would the source interface and destination interface both be the VPN tunnel?

0 REPLIES 0