Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

ShawPomf
New Contributor

Upgrading MC4200 Controller from 7.0-8-0 t0 7.0-9-1

Normally when I upgrade a controller I delete old backups and any other files we no longer need and I can upload the new flash to the controller and upgrade.   This time we can no longer do that as we are being told there is not enough space.  I contacted support and they wanted to delete the flash of the code we are currently running.  I was under the impression that we need it up there in order for the controller to run properly.   HAs anyone else had to do this?  when I look at the file system the /opt/meru/var/log is taking up 19% can we shrink that to make room?

1 Solution
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You dont need the image file on the flash to boot the controller. From the GUI, you can saftely delete the older SD version from the File Management Menu and upload the latest version

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You dont need the image file on the flash to boot the controller. From the GUI, you can saftely delete the older SD version from the File Management Menu and upload the latest version

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.