Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

JeanBill1
New Contributor

Upgrade from Controller MC1500 5.1-75 to Controller MC1550-VE latest

Hello,

I have a project to upgrade a controller MC1500 5.1-75 to a controller MC1550-VE with the latest SD. We have 12 APs 1010 and one 1020e all running the image 5.1-75.

Do you have an recommandation about that ? Do you think I will have to re do all the config or can I simply migrate, smoothly ?

Thanks for help.

JB

1 Solution
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

The MC controllers follow an upgrade path, wich properly migrates the configuration across each GA release.  When setting up a new controller with the latest build, as in your case, it is recommended to redo the conifguration.  It would also be better to verify and take advantage of the new features that have been intrroduced with the latest SD release.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

The MC controllers follow an upgrade path, wich properly migrates the configuration across each GA release.  When setting up a new controller with the latest build, as in your case, it is recommended to redo the conifguration.  It would also be better to verify and take advantage of the new features that have been intrroduced with the latest SD release.