Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

CaroKiel
New Contributor II

Transparent user authentication with FG and FAC for website access

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice for the following scenario:
We have a FG (5.6.3) in place and a FAC (5.1) that is used primarily for 2FA right now. We've also deployed FortiClient (5.6) to all employees.

We want to publish an internal website to the internet but only to internal users. I know, this is usually done by FortiWeb, but we're a tiny small company.

The publishing part is easy and I can also get the FG to block the traffic and present a logon page.

Here are my two issues:

1. The traffic is right now redirected to the IP address of the FG instead of its DNS name, causing the SSL certificate to be invalid. Any ideas here?
  2. Instead of getting a logon page, I'd like to get some "transparent" authentication, either from the browser or, (better) from the FortiClient. But without any logon page displayed at all.

Is there anyone out there who can assist me here?

I wish you all a wonderful holiday season,

Caroline

1 REPLY 1
Vilela
New Contributor

Hi Caroline,

I think this post can help you

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=132904

Leandro Vilela

Brazil-Brasilia

Leandro Vilela Brasil
Leandro Vilela Brasil
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.