Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

SteveG
Contributor III

SD8 and VLAN Pools

I've been playing around with SD8 and VLAN Pooling, however only 'Tunnelled' mode seems to support pools. Is that the case or am I missing something? If I select 'Bridged' as the mode the 'Interface Type' becomes greyed out. Selecting 'Tunnel' mode gives the pooling options.

1 Solution
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

That is correct. VLAN pool in Bridge mode is not supported.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

That is correct. VLAN pool in Bridge mode is not supported.

SteveG

In which case what's the best method of keeping the collison domain small on a Meru network while ensuring devices can roam? VLAN Pooling looked like the perfect solution but running the AP's here in Tunnel mode isn't an option.

How are other people keeping the collision domains to a sensible size?

Venkat_FTNT

I have not tested this, but can you try to see if this helps, configure the ESS in Bridge mode, and set the AP VLAN Policy to RADIUS VLAN only option". Then on the RADIUS server configuration set the VLAN pool name.