Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

NeilOlso1
New Contributor II

SD 8.05

Planned upgrade to SD 8.05 tomorrow.  We are running AP832e.  Since the Meru Universe is not up any longer, is there anythng I need to be aware of or keep an eye on?  Any others running 8.05, thoughts?

1 Solution
mswanson_FTNT

Make sure to install the meru-8.0-5-0-patch-7iStep-generic-rpm patch.  This will ensure that your currently deployed AP's and any future AP's get upgraded properly.  One other thing that I have noticed is that depending on which controller you have, you may have to delete all existing images in flash in order for the 8.0 image to have enough space.

The release notes have been attached here in case you don't already have them.

Matt Swanson

System Engineer

Fortinet

720-509-9868 | c: 763-639-3185

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mswanson_FTNT

Make sure to install the meru-8.0-5-0-patch-7iStep-generic-rpm patch.  This will ensure that your currently deployed AP's and any future AP's get upgraded properly.  One other thing that I have noticed is that depending on which controller you have, you may have to delete all existing images in flash in order for the 8.0 image to have enough space.

The release notes have been attached here in case you don't already have them.

Matt Swanson

System Engineer

Fortinet

NeilOlso1

Thank you Matt.  Tech support assisted with the upgrade this AM.  I did not see the meru-8.0-5-0-patch-7iStep-generic-rpm patch as part of the upgrade.  Would this have been included in the latest SD 8.05 download and I'm assuming tech support should know about this issue.  Worries me if this step was skipped.  If this has been skipped, what are the side effects?  

mswanson_FTNT

Open the controller GUI and navigate to Maintenance>File Management>Patches.

If it was installed you will see it in the list.

If support helped you, and all of your AP's came up with the new code, you won't experience any side effects today.  But if you were to add new AP's in the future, there is a chance that the patch will be needed to get them upgraded to 8.0-5-0.

Matt Swanson

System Engineer

Fortinet