Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Tor-Rydn
New Contributor

Register AP across networks and transfer AP from one controller to another.

We have bought and set up a new controller for a customer.
This controller is set up on the server-network of the customer.
The problem presents itself when I try to register the APs.
The APs are calling home to an already configured controller. Problem in this is that I can't change the DNS records, because that would cause problems for the excisting controller.
How can I make the APs call home to the correct device?
Is there a way of manually saying they should contact the IP of the new one and disregard the DNS?

This is a new configuration for this customer. They are being transferred from a collaborative/multi-customer solution, to a separate one.

1 Solution
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes, You can select the APs under the Devices Tab, and edit the AP configuration to point it to the correct controller IP address. After the reboot it should connect to the configured controller.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Venkat_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes, You can select the APs under the Devices Tab, and edit the AP configuration to point it to the correct controller IP address. After the reboot it should connect to the configured controller.

Tor-Rydn

Thank you. 
Short follow up:
If I enter the IP of the new one, manually on the controller address, I assume it'll stick to that from then on, and not roll back to the old one?

Venkat_FTNT

Yes, that is corret.