Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

BjörBuhm
New Contributor

Radio Reset ForitWLC/Meru

Hi all,

I have a FortiWLC50D and users complain about WiFi dropouts all the time.
When I look at the station-log issue, there are also two constant messages:
AP radio reset | Reset of radio interface 1
AP radio reset | Reset of radio interface 0

Why are the radios being reset?
What can I do about it?

Firmware is still 8.3 and unfortunately I cannot update / upgrade at the moment because I don't get a maintenance window ;-(

Thank you
Björn
4 REPLIES 4
frichard_FTNT

Hi Björn,

Which Access Points are deployed, please?
Is Rogue AP detection ON on this setup?

Radio resets can happen during the switch back to a home channel, which is triggering this event, when using Rogue AP detection on a radio also used to serve clients.
Once a client connects to this AP or rogue AP detection is disabled for this AP, resets stop and these messages will not be seen on system.log.

Wi-Fi dropouts may be due to many different causes, related to this message or not, and need to be investigated through a FortiCare ticket with Fortinet's TAC.

Best regards
BjörBuhm

thanks that explains the messages.
now I am still waiting for my maintenance window to update the system and then I will probably have to create a ticket.

Many Thanks
ortnerdavid

We are currently facing the same issue. User are reporting frequent dropouts, the station-log issue reports constantly Reset of radio Interface​ 0/1.

The dmesg output in this interval:

[2470216.300000] Pending BE = 0 BK = 12 VI = 0 VO = 0 TOTAL = 12
[2470216.310000] Pending BCMC = 0 ATIM = 0
[2470216.310000] Interface wl1 block_datafifo 0x8
[2470216.320000] hw_suspended_fifos:0x0 tx_suspended:0

Anyone with a solution yet? @Björn did you resolve this issue?​
bandersen_FTNT

As Flavien mentioned the best way forward is to open a support ticket with Fortinet support team

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet