Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

sdiomande
New Contributor

PROTECT OFFICE 365 WITH ON PREMISE FORTIMAIL

Hi all,
Can someone tell me if it's possible to protect Office 365 mail with on premise Fortimail ?

thank's.

------------------------------
SEKOU [LastName] [Designation]
IT System and Network Security Engineer
[CompanyName]
[City] [State]
[Phone]
1 Solution
rmoussa
Contributor

Dear,

Is there any reason for not considering Fortimail in your case ? 
I have a custoemr who has hybrid deployment so we pointed the MX record to his head quarter and then the local exchange will takae care of redirecting to office 365 for specific users.
But is all the users are on office 365, so fortimail cloud is more suitable option.

Regards
Rony

Rony Moussa
Fortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
Rony Moussa

View solution in original post

Rony MoussaFortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
2 REPLIES 2
rmoussa
Contributor

Dear,

Is there any reason for not considering Fortimail in your case ? 
I have a custoemr who has hybrid deployment so we pointed the MX record to his head quarter and then the local exchange will takae care of redirecting to office 365 for specific users.
But is all the users are on office 365, so fortimail cloud is more suitable option.

Regards
Rony

Rony Moussa
Rony Moussa
Rony MoussaFortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
DeepKuma2
Contributor

Hi,
Yes, it is possible and you can configure the same without any issue. But consider that your Internet connection stability/speed and Power is not stable then it is not recommended.

But My suggestion to go with a cloud-based email security gateway and it will cheaper.

Deepak Kumar
First Option General Trading LLC
Dubai
Deepak Kumar First Option General Trading LLC Dubai
Deepak Kumar First Option General Trading LLC Dubai