Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

cngbandan
New Contributor

Need help to etablish VPN Tunnel n restart without human intervention

Good morning all,

I installed the FortiClient on servers and I want the VPN tunnel (IPSEC or SSL) to be established on restart without human intervention. I performed the configurations on the FortiGate, FortiClient and FortiClient-EMS.
At the moment I manage to reestablish the automatic tunnel when connectivity is restored.

Anyone know if it is possible to do this?
[FirstName][JobTitle]
[FirstName][JobTitle]
6 REPLIES 6
perrosenlind
New Contributor

Hi Steven,

You want to configure the "Always on" option. I don't know how to do it while writing this message but I know that the option exists in Forticlient at least.
NSE7
NSE7
cngbandan

Hi Per,

indeed the always up functionality already exists.
What I would like is for the VPN connection to be established on its own when the computer restarts without even the user logging in.
[FirstName][JobTitle]
[FirstName][JobTitle]
perrosenlind

Steven,

Does the always on-option require userlogon? If so, yes, this is not a valid solution. Is this windows or Linux Servers? I've managed to build an auto-dialup configuration on Linux servers but to do the same on Windows you got to ask someone else how to do it :)

/P
NSE7
NSE7
cngbandan

Per,
Yes "Always-on" require user login. It is windows server.
Ok many thanks for all.
[FirstName][JobTitle]
[FirstName][JobTitle]
Allroads_Support

Windows 10 can do it with Certificate based Authentication before logon.
Allroads_Support

Also I read Windows 10 Allways On VPN can reconnect seamlessly in the background.